Solid Waste & Recycling Program
The City’s Solid Waste and Recycling Program manages the City’s Solid Waste Ordinance and the City’s waste hauling franchise with Republic Services. For a complete listing of all residential trash and recycling services provided by Republic Services, you can download or view the Customer Service Guide (5mb pdf file).
The program also develops programs for diversion from the landfills, and recycling grants for used motor oil, and beverage containers. Each year the City obtains grant funds from the State to encourage and promote recycling of used motor oil and beverage containers.
If you have any questions about the City’s Solid Waste Program, please contact the Public Information Officer at (925) 671-5229.
- Residential Service Guide - Information on recycling, garbage services, green waste and organics, and additional services by Republic Services.
- Residential & Commercial Rates
- Electronic (E-Waste) Recycling
- Green Pleasant Hill - Page with links to other partners and agencies promoting environmental issues and waste reduction
- Recycling Drop-off locations in Contra Costa
- Green Business Resource Guide
Mandatory Commercial Recycling
Recycling service in Pleasant Hill is mandatory for commercial business and multi-family complexes, per City Ordinance. When you set up garbage service, you MUST also set up recycling service. The cost of recycling service is included in your garbage rate and so is available at no extra charge. We encourage you to request as much recycling service as you need, with no increase in your garbage bill. Please call Anne Baker, Recycling Coordinator, at (925) 671-5806 if you have any questions about the program. Anne can provide free waste audits, information for tenants, and indoor recycling receptacles.
Commercial Rates Table
Additional information on commercial recycling.